Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Trust God

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

God has been speaking this to me the last couple of days.  And it feels good to be receiving a message from God.  I pray that He continues to allow me to hear what He is speaking into my life.  And that He gives me the grace to receive it.  I've been going through one of the most difficult periods of my life.  And I've been trying to hide it because one thing I don't want to appear to be is someone who pines after something that is irrevocably gone.

But this season of my life has been a blessing.  And I think that it will continue to be a blessing because I am trying to use these trials to develop a longing and desire for growth in my relationship with the Lord.  He isn't going to spurn my efforts.

I have been feeling the need to get to know some older, wiser men.  On Sunday an older man that I admire for his kindness and gentleness invited me to join a group of men in a bible study that they have every other Wednesday.  I took him up on it. It sounded great to me for a number of reasons. There were six of us total and we discussed the book of Romans chapter 15.  During the discussion I was able to hear the testimony of one of the men. I certainly misjudged him.  He spoke of his life and his endeavors to serve the Lord. He shared a story centered upon one thing, an unwavering faith and trust in God. After starting multiple well-meaning ministries aimed at helping those that need helping, he finally started one that works. He started a ministry offering free addiction rehabilitation. His story showcased God's provision and God's lack of provision toward each of these endeavors. Man supplies the effort, his highest level of work ethic, and God will either provide for the ministry or He won't.  But you have to give it your best effort.  If it doesn't succeed stop, pick yourself up, and do something different. It's that simple.

Today I experienced so much encouragement from so many places.  From the music playing in the restaurant at lunch to a couple of honest and open conversations with coworkers and eventually to a conversation with the pastor of Morgantown Community Church, God has filled my day with peace and encouragement.  God is reaching into my life and asking for a response from me.  He's asking me to seek His kingdom above my own.  He's asking me to trust His hand in my life even if I don't understand why certain things are happening.  So far I am amazed.

So come, join me in following the Lord.  Be a part of His Kingdom now, on earth.  It is not some distant place that you must die to see.  It's here now!  It is life and freedom from bondage; it's freedom from darkness and despair; it's grace every day, something free that you could never have earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment